Thursday, November 12, 2009

Singaporean ghetto style.

When I took the train home, I would see young kids in full baggy hip hop gear with one pant leg up on a knee and one pant leg down, walking with that gangsta limp, get off at stations like Pasir Ris, and I would think, "Hmmm... I didn't realize that Pasir Ris was that rough a neighbourhood..."

So I came up with the design below and hand-stitched it onto a t-shirt. Yes I used to live in Kembangan.

And in case you aren't aware, that is the code number of the Kembangan MRT station.

2 comments:

sprachvoll said...

Dear Jo Soh,

Thanks very much for your interesting blog, love the hand-stitched style of your newest shirt!

I actually have a question about your blog. Would you mind helping us with a linguistic research project? We're compiling data from various Singaporean weblogs. All it requires is checking a few boxes. If you want to take part and/or have more questions, drop me a note ( hack2301@uni-trier.de RE: Question ) so that I can then send you the 'official' project eMail. We'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks very much in advance!
Best regards,
- Fran

rachel said...

this is cool.
could u do one with lorong chuan?

haha.. Nice blog you have