Thursday, March 11, 2010

hansel for Her World's 50th anniversary merchandise selling now

They are finally available!

Singapore's Her World magazine has set up The Her World Glass House - a pop-up shop located at Wisma Atria's outdoor atrium from 5-25 March (11am-9pm) where they are selling the hansel for Her World tees ($29.90 each) and matching tote bags ($39.90 each).

Every $5 from the sale of the items will be donated to UNIFEM Singapore.

I remember when I decided to pursue fashion design at age 12, I started buying my own Her World copies (didn't even share them with my mother!) and spent hours pouring over the fashion spreads, cutting up the pages and creating collages of my favourite styles.

At that age, I didn't read (and I doubt I would have understood much anyways!) the "adult women's topics" but saved those pages instead for other craft work like papier marche!

I remember Fann Wong appearing as a model in some fashion spreads and how I loved seeing Thomas Wee's gorgeous sketches featured in their articles.

So 22 years later, it's amazing to have been commissioned by Her World to design their 50th anniversary merchandise. :-)

I hope you get yours today!



No comments: