Tuesday, March 22, 2011

MORE drafting, cutting & sewing in the kampung!


I had sketched a short sleeved blouse with a standing collar and contrast belt that was inspired by the traditional weaving methods of the Orang Asli. I was supposed to make this blouse while I was there but that proved impossible when I later discovered that I needed to spend as much time as possible making sure the ladies finished their blouses.



I had put together some pictures from magazines on different blouse/shirt design possibilities, and also brought some of hansel's own blouses to show the villagers.


The cameraman (in the Channel 5 t-shirt) decides to test his sewing skills :-)

With the help of an interpreter, Handam, I talked through each lady on how she was to style her completed blouse for that evening's fashion show.

The crew filming the villagers as they rush to finish the blouses.

No comments: