Sunday, January 8, 2012

Things I liked in Melbourne. 3.

For those who have been following my blog, you would know that I LOVE all things industrial. Hence, photos of oil refineries in Altona fascinate me... so practical, so no-nonsense, so functional, so big, and soooo beautiful...

OMG salmon pink refinery chimneys against a pale blue sky! So pretty!!!


And OMG a whole big STACK of containers by the side of the road!!!
These 1950s brooches that I bought are in fantastic condition, and the one in the middle actually looks "industrial" like. So post-modern. Beautiful.

Talking about flowers, here's a lovely scene at Williamstown...

And look at this lovely vintage floral painted plate!

The heart of these pretty little flowers match my dress!

This garden was in the Heide Museum of Modern Art. If you're ever in Victoria, try to make a trip there!

And.... talking about gardens, I had my first ever go at being a golf cart driver! So much fun!

Check out the golf course grass - looks more like moss.

And since we're on the sports theme, here's a shot of a tennis club at Williamstown that I like.

No comments: