Thursday, January 5, 2012

Things I liked in Melbourne. 1.

I just returned from a much needed break in Melbourne. Naturally, I had my camera with me everywhere I went. Much to share. Let's begin...

Signage on front window of Chinese restaurant. I liked how the colour's all patchy and uneven on the back and beautifully flat on the front.



One could NOT not notice the street art in Melbourne city. Here's a poster of a lush green forest on a brick building (and three bright orange crates that happened to be in the right place at the right time).

A nice big one.

I liked that the drawing of the girl actually makes the layers of graffiti beneath look better by giving it a focal point.

Carpark entrance. Nice graphic logo.

Mad colourful matryoshka dolls in a shop window. I always love the tiniest doll the best!

They had a Santa Claus version for the Christmas season.

Great paper mushroom sculptures in the window of a children's book shop.

Nice graphics on the box that a tin of very expensive anchovies came in.

2 comments:

Lisa @ Simply Me said...

Awesome post, I also love Melbourne and its quirky street art!

Jo Soh said...

Thank you, Lisa!

Yeah the street art is really good! Walking through the streets is quite an inspiring experience!

Jo