Thursday, February 23, 2012

SS12 print development - the BIG Kueh Lapis.

The watercolour print design didn't work for me, so I tried something bolder - just flat broad lines of colour to represent each layer of the Kueh Lapis. I experimented with various scales, positions and directions of the kueh and tried different coloured backgrounds, but sticking with neutral shades so that the kueh's colours stood out. 



It's important to see the scale against a real body so I enlisted the help of my lovely assistant (she's actually my sales & marketing executive) to pose with my printed sheets of paper. Once I was happy with the scale, I tweaked the final artwork and sent it off to the fabric printers!

This print was named the "Big Kueh Lapis" and was meant for the hello hansel label since that label is targeted at fun and playful weekend wear. Up next, developing a print for the dressier hansel label...

2 comments:

Sticker Printing In Singapore said...

Will you really take this to the street? Hahaha... I think it's quite a peculiar design, that might work though.

Jo Soh said...

It's been selling like hot cakes in the shops! ;-)