Friday, July 6, 2012

My first Mandarin speaking role on Channel 8 this Sunday!

My mother tongue is Mandarin (actually to be specific, it is Cantonese) but I am more fluent in English. Despite that, I somehow managed to roll out my lines in Mandarin for my first ever Mandarin-speaking TV show! It's showing on MediaCorp Channel 8 this Sunday 8 July at 10.30am. It would be very entertaining, I'm sure. ;)


In the show, the host Sugie Phua and I walk 12 years old Charlene Tan through the different techniques  that she could use to customize her own t-shirt. Sugie patiently coached me through some of my lines - what a lifesaver!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will catch it for some tips and ideas for my daughter. Thanks for sharing. Btw love your matching blue belt.~Edwina

Jo Soh said...

Thanks Edwina! Hope you caught the show!