Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Muntri Mews in Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia.

I mentioned that I recently took a break in Georgetown. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is so photogenic! (This is going to cover a few postings cos I snapped alot of pics!)

So, we went to Georgetown for 3 days and stayed at the lovely Muntri Mews.

There's a cafe at the entrance while access to the hotel section is through a gate.

Our rooms were on the second floor.

My boyfriend/man/partner's (what term should one use nowadays?) dad ponders on the architecture of the place...

A wall above the staircase appears to be constructed from different kinds of recycled wooden planks while a vintage oil lamp (now fitted with electric lightbulb) hangs over head.

There are only 9 rooms in the Mews so how apt it was that I got room "J"!

With a four poster bed on one end and a looooong sofa on the other, this was the setting for 3 days of much needed Quiet Time. I managed to finish reading a whole book (about the Terracotta Army in Xian, China - another UNESCO World Heritage Site) during my 3 days there.

When I emerge from the room during the evening, the lighting in the open air section of the Mews is simply magical!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing.

Jo Soh said...

You're welcome! :)