Saturday, August 4, 2012

The hansel AW12 "The Puffin" lookbook shoot.

So this is what the painted cardboard props were for - the set for the new AW12 lookbook shoot at photographer Chase Tan's studio located in Little India (Chase is from INOTHERWORDS). We spent a full day before the shoot itself making props, making adjustments, testing the shot, discussing final treatments, etc. We've been doing black and white hand-drawn sets and props for the past two lookbooks so when my art director cousin Ginny Lim and I got together to conceptualize this shoot, we decided to go with coloured set and props.




Doing finishing touches on the white row boat.

Huge papier mache eggs made by our intern.

All set for the shoot the next day!

Model Tasha Franken from Mannequin gives our mascot a kiss!

I try to mimic Tasha but end up looking like I'm kissing her ear!

And these are some of my personal favourite shots from our AW12 lookbook. (You can see all the pictures here on The hansel Facebook Page.) I am quite pleased with how the photos turned out! :)




So what happens to the props after the shoot?
I reuse them for the shop decor. I brought them home to do some touching up first.
It's nearly 11pm and I'm STILL waiting for the paint to dry! Zzzzz....


No comments: