Tuesday, October 30, 2012

New York Part 4!

Naturally, checking out retail (in all its forms) in New York was an important part of being in the city!

In between appointments, I popped into Opening Ceremony in Soho.

On a Sunday, I checked out the Brooklyn Flea in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. It wasn't really a flea market as I had thought, with lots of second hand and old junk, but more a market selling vintage clothing and accessories, handmade crafts, apparel, art, food and furniture. Nevertheless, it was packed with people and a nice thing to do on a Sunday.


From the Brooklyn Flea, you could look across the waters back to Manhattan.


I heard a lot about Beacon's Closet in Brooklyn too.

It was packed with merchandise but I was a little disappointed as I had hoped to find some good vintage pieces. However I came across more second hand clothing than what I might see as real vintage clothing.

Also in Brooklyn, I popped in to meet the lovely people at Baggu bags! This was their temporary summer shop. Walking into the shop makes one happy because of the bright COLOURS.

And I thought this was very clever - using the section in between the handles to make zipped pouches!


I liked this shop window display in a shoe shop in Soho - the stack of different coloured materials reflected the straps on the heels resting atop. Quite an innovative way to draw attention to the shoes!

No comments: