Wednesday, October 24, 2012

New York Part 1!

I have just returned to Singapore after spending about a month in the US! It was lovely to be away but a certain reality would like me to return her call.

The trip kicked off with almost 2 weeks in New York, travelling with 9 other fashion designers from Singapore on a Singapore government funded study mission to learn more about the New York fashion industry. It was a tiring but eye-opening experience and I made many great contacts.

In no particular order, I shall be posting the highlights of my trip over the next few blog posts!

We paid visits to sampling and production companies that are located in the Garment District, right in the heart of the concrete jungle of Manhattan.




Doesn't this shot look like it was snapped in another century? (It's the Garment District in Manhattan, snapped outside a window in one of the factories that we had visited.)


We visited sales showrooms. This would be a very classic New York style loft space.




We travelled everywhere by subway, lugging along our samples on hangers and trolley luggages.



I saw these adorable tilework art on a subway wall! 


No comments: