Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Mount Rainier.

We got on this...

To see this! (Cue Edvard Grieg's "Morning") I promise these aren't scanned from postcards or ripped off the internet. I took these pictures myself!



I strike my best "explorer" pose, though you can easily see that I am not one at all, what with the black sport socks worn on my hands (that I had to buy from a supermarket by the highway on the way to the mountain) because I was SO COLD.

See? I wasn't lying.

Despite the temperature, Paradise was indeed paradise. (Oh the place was named especially for a whole legacy of puns!)
Paradise is but one tiny spot in a mountainous region - as shown in this miniature model inside the visitor hall.

The other buildings around the visitor hall have cool shaped roofs - I'm guessing they are so steep so that snow doesn't pile on top.

Here's the ranger's house.

AFTER our hike, we chanced upon THIS notice! *gulp!*
We also read instructions on what to do should we come face to face with a mountain lion. And we're not talking about the new OS system for Apple.

Signs stuck on the rubbish tip provide a stark reminder of the area that we were in!!!

No comments: