Wednesday, November 7, 2012

New York Part 8! (The ex-Empire Diner!)

After a few tiring hours walking round and round the fashion trade fairs in Chelsea, we spotted a classic American diner that somehow looked sooooooooo familiar that I thought I simply HAD to stop and take my lunch there. It was called The Highliner restaurant.

What a gorgeous interior! "Just like the movies!" I thought. Little did I know what I was about to find out after speaking with one of the waitresses...



The clock is not just an addition to the wall, it is designed to be part of the whole interior, on these wonderful shiny metal walls and surfaces.

That's the interior wall metal panels that I faced while munching on my lunch.

That's reflected (excuse the pun) on their menu cover.

So, I have a chat with the waitress who tells me that this used to be called the Empire Diner, and that Men in Black was filmed here. I looked online and found this movie still! (Taken from ON THE SET OF NEW YORK)

And more importantly to me, it was also the set of Madonna's "Bad Girl" music video!!! Aaaahhhh!!!! Madonna forever!!!  
(This video still taken from MADONNASWORLD)

No comments: